Christmas cards.

I realise I'm running late with these, but in my defence I was sick as a dog last week, when they should have been made and sent off. Trying to come up with an idea for the design when you should have made something yesterday = not the best way to get the creative juices flowing. But then I remembered this piece of envelope art that I did a while ago for Poli with stencils and markers...


...and the card I made for Tarek and Candy's wedding, using stencils and origami paper...


You can have a lot of fun for £1.50, which is what you pay for one little book of these stencils at Foyle's. So anyway, then I thought, what if I took some Christmas wrapping paper and stencils... and this was the result:



I think they came out kind of pretty! Unfortunately, the glitter-glue pen I got from Ryman's ran out after four cards, so that's the end of the line for this design. This is Not Good Enough, Mr. Ryman! Oh well, I've still got some other colours of glue, and some different wrapping paper, so I'll probably try to do another version later on. Maybe. In other news, my Sutra scarf is coming along nicely: 


It'll have to take a back seat to finishing those Christmas cards, though - and making individual envelopes for them, since they're all different sizes. Measuring stuff is for sissies, clearly, or so I thought last night. And I've still got to buy a Christmas tree and drag the damn thing home...


No comments:

Post a Comment