First outfit post

Since I signed on to do the 30 for 30 challenge at Kendi Everyday, I thought I'd better put up the outfit I wore when I gave my lecture on Shakespeare in performance at the university of Bergen today. That's right, I gave a lecture - my first one ever. I was nervous, of course, but it went really well! The professor said he'd never seen his students this engaged before (I made some of them read exerpts and do acting exercises, and I made everyone learn a song), and wants me to do this again next year - when he will try to arrange for me to get paid as, get this, a guest lecturer! Am I excited? You bet! I just wish my feet weren't still sore from standing up in heels for two hours - next year, I'll be doing the lecture in plimsolls! (Uh, well, probably not.)


I've got to say, posting this picture has given me a renewed respect for style bloggers, because posting a photo of myself messing about with a spatula is one thing, but lowly little me attempting to show off something I wore just makes me  think that anyone who sees this pic will think I'm fat/ugly/have no taste/have stupid hair... but hey, 2011 is all about confidence and self-esteem, so up the picture goes anyway. I'd post a picture of beautiful freezing Norway (that's me in shirtsleeves in -1C, people), but this horrible old laptop that I'm using would have an aneurism if I tried to add a second picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment