I so stole this outfit from a dude!

It's a sad fact, but it might just be true. And yes, I'm wearing a skirt, but allow me to explain.


For years, I've been obsessing over finding the uncut version of a favourite childhood movie. Unless you're Russian, Romanian, or, weirdly, Norwegian you may not have heard of the masterpiece that is Rock'n'Roll Wolf.  It's a retelling of the fairytale about the wolf and the goats, with more singing and dancing.


The version they showed on Norwegian TV was heavily cut and re-edited, and I always wondered what was really supposed to happen. But thanks to Polina spending an hour on youtube with me, I've now watched the whole thing in sequence.


So anyway, last Friday I wore this outfit, and felt a bit like, "I've seen this look before somewhere." The grey tights, the animal pattern, the bright orange top... And then I realised - I stole it from one of the Grey Wolf's cronies - this guy, to be exact!


Here is a video, so the outfit can be admired in its full man-tights wearing glory. The lynx is on the far right-hand side, being astonished at the scale of Little Bad Wolf's brain damage. And ironically, this is one of my favourite outfits from the whole remix! As Crash from Crash And The Boys said: I am so sad, so very, very sad.


Dear Valentin Manokhin, I'm so sorry I stole your lynx outfit! Please feel free to come to London and tap-dance on my head as punishment!

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of this movie, but it looks outrageous and hilarious!

    ReplyDelete