Pared-down

Today was another studio day, and I was kind of worn out after yesterday's adventures (more on that later). So this was kind of a pared-down, easygoing sort of outfit for a low-energy sort of day.



Anyway, I saw the cutest thing in the world today. Spartacus, the studio cat, now knows me well enough that he comes running for a cuddle when he hears my voice - but today, he had something in his mouth.
It was a moth he'd caught, and it was dead - or so I thought. While I stroked him, he lay down and spat the thing out - and to my surprise, the moth stealthily tried to crawl away.


And Sparty stretched out one paw lazily, gently cupping his claws around the moth. Being petted while playing with his prey - he was in cat heaven. He ate the moth afterwards, too. Waste not, want not, right? The look on his face was wonderful - like a human who'd just baked the most successful pie of their life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment