Bright spark

What do you do when the day is grey and overcast? Today, my counter-measure was wearing the brightest combo I could think of. Victor actually picked that dress out for me sometime last year - as in, he grabbed it, went "This is really nice!", held it up in front of me and made happy man noises. Then he saw the price tag, swore, and put it back. So when I found it on sale a few months later, I couldn't not buy it, right?


I felt a bit like a character from Sarah of Avonlea wearing this. Which was a Canadian show that somehow made it to Norwegian television, so there's a high chance you don't even know what I'm talking about here. But those characters wore aprons over everything, and every time Sarah's cousin Felicity was being bitchy about rich girl Sarah wearing yet another expensive super-special dress, I'd be like, "But you can't even see the damn thing under that apron!" I'm sure there was a funeral episode where they all showed up with white aprons over their mourning clothes.


I've got to add that I actually got a compliment from a co-worker for this outfit! She said, *ahem*, "I love your 70's chic!" I also got given a free Krispy Kreme doughnut, so all in all, today was a good day.   

No comments:

Post a Comment