No woman, no blog

I really did do five days of dresses in a row, and I even took pictures of the last outfit. Here it is:


This dress is a weird one to photograph because of the pattern. It looks scrunched up and nasty when the picture's small, but click on it and you'll see what a pretty pattern it is. I keep trying to come up with different things to pair this dress with, here I am recycling my shoes and tights combo that I wore with my triangle dress. Works better with this one,  I think.


The reason I forgot to post was of course the tsunami and earth quakes in Japan, which I found out about later that same day (pics were taken in the morning). We know a couple who live in Tokyo, so I was really worried for a while - I sent an email to the girl, Mariko, and went weak in the knees with relief when she responded two days later to tell me they were unhurt. But I just couldn't make myself write about cute clothes and fluffy stuff for a while because my brain was just reeling from all the terrible things that were happening. One thing that amazes me, though, is how well the people of Japan are co-operating to save lives. Unlike New Orleans, where it was just mayhem and every man for himself, the prime minister goes, "Here, have half the army!" and ordinary people also band together to look for survivors. That just gives you hope for the future of mankind right there.

2 comments:

  1. Your serious attitude is commendable, but can I just say that you look adorable? I mean no disrespect, Japan.

    ReplyDelete