I had my CAKE and ate it all.

Friday night was a big night for me - wearing my old CAKE T-shirt and yellow nail polish to match the writing on the shirt - because no, I'm not a psychotic dorky fan at all - I watched one of my all-time favourite bands play at the Troxy in London. It was so. Damn. AWESOME! Fifty-two flavours of awesome, to be exact. They sang so many of my favourites, they gave away a cherry tree to a member of the audience (you had to a) have a garden and b) correctly guess which kind of tree it was), and I think they did like four encores. Sure there were some pretty iffy audience members making idiots of themselves, but even the little curly-haired hobbit-guy who put our lives at risk by doing arm-wavy dancing right in front of us (not to mention that this blocked my view) couldn't ruin such a good night out.


I also bought a new CAKE shirt - the old one is navy blue and has the crown logo thing from one of their old albums, and is now curled up in the laundry bin, smelling of sweat and beer and other peoples' cigarettes. I actually had that "shop for your closet" thing running in my head when I picked this shirt (they had two other designs) - and even as I bought it, I was planning to wear it with my orange cardigan. That's either very clever or very sad. I love brown and orange together, it's so 70's.



The skirt and the blue belt were both post-30 for 30 purchases that I'd spent most of my non-shopping month lusting after. That skirt is definitely what you'd call an investment piece, i.e. I probably paid too much for it. It's so versatile though, it seems to go with absolutely any colour I pair it with, and I just love it. (In case you're wondering, the belt was from UniQlo, and is also fantastic. It even matches my blue flats.) Anyway, it's been two days and my brain is still playing "Opera Singer" on repeat while I grin like an idiot. It's like Last.fm inside my head!  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment