Icebox studio day

So today was spent working with Angela and Kaz in Kaz's studio. It's an awesome firetrap of a building full of cats and strange artwork, including sculptures made from shop dummies and bird cages and a pram with flames painted on the side - wheels of fire! This is what I initially wore...


And then I realised I was about to freeze to death, and put on the jumper that I'd brought along just in case - and no, I'm not going to claim this was a different outfit, I won't push my luck that far! At least the pretty green pendant (a present from Poli!) brightened things up a bit.


 Got a lot of work done there, wrapped in a paint-stained lab coat for extra warmth. And it's fun making comics together, instead of being all alone and feeling isolated. We humans are pack animals, I suppose. Afterwards, I tagged along with Kaz to Ladeez do Comics, and that was pretty neat!


I got home at a rather ungodly hour, so the photos were all taken today. It was so dark last night that even the inside of our apartment didn't work for taking pictures in. "How am I supposed to work under these conditions," I howled, and went to bed instead.


Kaz also got some copies of her new comic, Blood Magic, off her boyfriend. And I got a free copy! It's really cool, and so pretty, printed with gold on the cover and red for the blood in the middle of all the black and white art. Having sat next to her while she drew the first page, discussing the plot with her and seeing the comic in several different stages, it's pretty cool to actually own the finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment