Some people never learn...

So I guess I'll keep posting outfit pics for a little while, since part of me finds it weirdly fun - and hey, Polina isn't even halfway through her remix, so we might as well keep on doing this outfit thing together, right? That's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it. I would've even posted this yesterday, if the husband hadn't been all needy and wanting me to curl up and watch Iron Man with him. Which was fun, but kept us both up way beyond our bedtime - bad idea when you've both got to work the next day! So I blame Victor for me leaving the house in such a rush that I brought all my sandwich toppings but no actual bread. Although Nikki the Intern just bought me a breadroll from the local coffee shop, so I can stop chewing the edge of my desk now.


Being able to wear anything I wanted was pretty rad. I'd had this outfit planned in my head for a couple of days beforehand, and since I was walking to work I didn't actually wear all the items together until I got changed in the bathroom there - and then I realised that my enthusiasm may have gotten the better of me. Because well, while the tights and dress look okay together and the tights and shoes also look good, the dress and the shoes don't actually like each other very much. I could hear them hissing insults to eachother all day. Just as well I spent most of the workday with my feet under my desk!


This is the least horrible of my photos yesterday, which should give you some idea of how bad the others were. I'm definitely retaking this as soon as the dress and tights have been in the wash. I mean, you can't even see what shape the dress is, and it was too cold to take a picture without the cardie on. And that's an important little detail for me, because I've spent some time altering the sleeves on this dress (or rather, figuring out how to alter them), with my mum helping out over the phone! It was such a joint effort, I swear -it even involved me emailing her photos of the dress, so she could see the cut etc.

This was one of those dresses that don't actually fit human beings straight off the hanger. Well, it would I suppose if you were a woman shaped like a carrot, i.e. massive biceps but no hips whatsoever. I bought it fully intending to alter it, but you know, procrastination... Still, once I actually got round to doing the alteration, the operation was a success, and I'm much less nervous about altering Anthro items than I was, say, last year. If my mum was actually here we could high-five, or at least have a celebratory cup of coffee.

2 comments:

  1. I don't see a problem between the dress and shoes. It looks awesome. I like how it starts neutral at the top and then you go down and BAM - bright legs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's good to hear! :) Maybe I just second guess myself too much.

    ReplyDelete