How green was my outfit? + Meet President Rabato

Victor is the awesomest husband ever. We just put on face-masks together in front of the bedroom mirror, what a metro-sexual couple we are! And he bought me this cookie yesterday, which we quickly decided was what The Order of Rabato would look like if our cute little hand puppet - President Rabato - could hand out medals:


President Rabato was a Christmas present from Victor. He is the dictator of a small carrot republic (same as a banana republic really, except guess what they grow). His people could probably depose him in a second, but he's just too darn cute! His election campaign slogans include "Carrots for the people!" and "A water-spout in every cage!"  


Anyway, this is what I wore today. I have decided that since I now have the full use of my closet again *pause for a little happy dance* I can try to follow my new years resolution of wearing dresses more often by having a Dressy Week - and wearing a dress every day. Of the working week, anyway. We'll see about the weekend. This is partially a survival measure because the office where I'm working right now is so hot! We're on the twelfth floor with a lot of big windows and the heating set to fry. 


Of course, outside it's still as cold as ever, so I wore trousers underneath this dress while actually getting to work, then got changed in the lift - just like Superman! This may sound incredibly dorky, but my mum picked out that dress for me. We went to Anthro, she saw it, grabbed it and shoved it into my arms, saying: "Try that on! If it fits, I'm buying it for you!" Yes, my mum is pretty awesome too. (Again, I feel like I should add that every single Anthro item in my closet - bar one very special one - was bought on sale. Just to make sure you understand that I'm no rich bitch.)


Finally, this is one of the things Victor and I went to see this weekend - a giant pig with revolving eyes and steampunk teats that were taken off to reveal viewing holes. They put on panto shows inside the pig, and little children could watch through the holes - and looked exactly like little piglets feeding. And it was free! The London art scene is weird and wonderful. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment