Because comics are totally an art form, too...

My friend Kaz is a comics artist who rents her own studio space - and sometimes, she generously invites Angela and me along so we can all work together.


It's pretty neat to have a designated, distraction-free workspace for your comics. Instead of the dining table, which is what I normally use...


Kaz's little cubbyhole is a tiny loft built above a much bigger room, where the people with big canvasses and sculptures work. Stuff like this, basically:


This was our humble repast that day. That and the ginormous slice of watermelon that didn't make it into the picture. I was like, "Ah, we're making manga you guys! Gotta go with the cliche and have watermelon!"


This place is crammed top to toe with creative madness - and I know that when I finally have a baby, I'll want to copy this design for the pram...


And I mean, come on, it's not everyday you find this in the toilet!


...or this. But maybe that's a good thing?


I was also lucky enough to meet one of the artists - the one who makes all the plastic doll sculptures! - and watch him serenade one of his own creations. As you do.


I even managed to take one single outfit photo in there - beholdens! The dress is from the sale basement at Anthro, and the cardie is the one I got from H&M, and then proceeded to live in for almost a whole week. I've definitely got a sort of Zebra Hornet thing going there!


And I tricked Angela into snapping another one of me at the train station when we were going home. There I am, in all my psychedelic stripey glory.


Sadly, this picture also didn't capture my handmade jewellery, which I am pretty proud of, so I present you with a close-up:


That's right, I based it on Lulu's jewellery in Final Fantasy X. Because I am just that much of a geek.


But come on, Lulu's bling is awesome! (And yes, I know she's wearing a third necklace there - but my head would snap off if I wore three necklaces at once, so I didn't make the white one.) Shame I don't have the rack to cosplay her, really! XD

No comments:

Post a Comment