Arthurian cardigan day

I'm on my fourteenth day of my 30 for 30 - nearly halfway, yay! - and I think I've now worn all of my items (except for the damn boots) at least once. This frilly cardigan was the last piece I hadn't worn yet - which I find kind of strange, because I really love it. I mean, that's why I included it in the first place. 

 
It's from the post-Christmas Anthropoligie sale - I wasn't even planning on buying it, I was just going to try it on. But then it sort of whispered to me in the changing-room, something about how it was made for me? Well, I checked the label, and for whatever weird reason this design is called "Guinivere". And since my name is Gwen, people have been calling me "Guinivere" since forever (they seem disappointed that my parents didn't go the whole hog and give me a name that would not only get me bullied, but regularly drowned in the school toilets), it really was like that cardie had my name on it.

 
It's amazing, the difference it makes to your body temperature whether you wear a cardie open or closed. I do make a rather rubbish Norwegian, because as you can see, I clearly am not impervious to the cold. In the end, I settled for wearing the cardigan closed, with the belt around it for good measure - just to make sure it wouldn't accidentally blow open or something. 

2 comments:

  1. I knew I recognized that cardigan! I saw it at Anthro sale and loved it but didn't buy it at the time... I guess because it was waiting for YOU!! :) It's so cute and looks great on yoU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, thank you! You should've gone for it though, since we're on different continents with different Anthros! Ah, it's so nice to have met girls I can share the Anthro love with, teehee!

    ReplyDelete