Fox-magnet day

Sometimes I hate this city. Case in point, I am posting yesterday's outfit one day late because our ancient transport system broke down - again. I was forced to walk home, and by the time I got there, it was already too dark to take pictures. Luckily I had the chance to retake them this morning, so this is what I wore:



While I was having lunch in this outfit, sitting on a bench behind a pub, a fox appeared! At first, I was like, "Ah, how magical!" and expected him to keep his distance. I was happy viewing him and his pretty orange coat from a distance. Then he came closer, and I remembered that documentary about the girl who survived rabies. "What if he tries to bite me," I thought, staring fixedly at the fox. Who came closer. 


I realised that staring straight at any canine animal might be one of those dominance, "so, you wanna fight me then", kind of things, so I looked away. Then I realised that the fox was walking around me and my bench - and then behind me. I couldn't not stare at him, could I - what if he dived in and bit me from behind, right? I was getting ready to grab my handbag and run. However, the fox loped off into the bushes - and my mother, when I told her this story, pointed out that he was obviously just hoping I'd feed him something. Duh!  

No comments:

Post a Comment