Vietnamese Surprise day

Taken five minutes before the light disappeared, and ten minutes before I dived out the door to meet Victor out for our date (which I was late for), these photos aren't exactly crystal clear. I may retake them tomorrow since they're slightly blurry and my hair looks stupid (thanks for nothing, dry shampoo).


If you're wondering why I'm not actually sitting in this wicker chair, just hovering around it - well, it's been out in the rain. And we have had a lot of rain. I'm betting if I set it on fire, it probably wouldn't burn. But hey, if it did, posing next to a burning chair would be pretty rock-n-roll of me, right?


The title of today's post comes not from what we ate that night, but from a conversation Victor had with two of his co-workers - one Chinese (Kenny), one Vietnamese (Vu). They were talking about how they met their wives/girlfriend etc, and what their wives were like. As a person, not... you know. So anyway, Kenny, is marrying his Chinese girlfriend this year, and Vu has already married his Vietnamese girlfriend. Vu then asks Victor - "So, is your wife also Chinese?" "No," replies Victor, "She's Norwegian." Now, Victor's known Kenny for ages, so Kenny has already head about me - but the Vietnamese guy was speechless. For several minutes, before he blurted out: "You mean your wife's... Caucasian?"
Yeah, man, I sure am. Welcome to 2011, buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment