Yellow skirt and purple tumblers day

I'm a day late blogging this outfit, but Victor took me out for an enormous lunch and we only managed to stagger home well after dark. This is the first time I've worn my yellow skirt, my 29th item - I picked it up at the post office late the night before, and spent the evening trying out different combinations of what to wear with it, just like a little kid. Only to not go with any of them the day after - except for the belt, I like my zebra belt with this skirt.


It was a slightly surreal day, because he wanted to go into town - "There's something I want to buy," he said, in a sort of stern and frowny way. Then he led me down Regent Street, past Anthropologie ("Be strong, honey", he said when he caught me looking through the window) and into a home store called Habitat that was having a closing down sale. And then he picked out the most gorgeous fauxthropologie tumblers in the whole shop - saying he'd been in to look at them before, too!


Not weirded out yet? Well, here's the thing, Victor claims to hate Anthropologie, and makes long-suffering man noises every time I've dragged him in there. (Didn't stop him getting me a gift card there for my birthday, but I guess that's love for you. ) Anyways, we lined up for about a year, and after he'd paid for them, he looked at me and said, "Those tumblers kind of look like something you'd get at Anthropologie, don't they?"
So maybe this means I've subverted him into actually liking Anthro now? I wonder...


Beholdens! Our kitchen counter, in all its messiness. Complete with rice cooker, bananas and random Tupperware lid. But aren't the tumblers all pretty? Turned out the main reason Victor wanted to get them (and man, they were cheap - £2.10/ $ 3.36 per tumbler, baby!) was apparently that he passionately hates our other tumblers. So there's man-logic for you. I don't care though, we have brand new cute tumblers and I didn't spend a penny on them!

No comments:

Post a Comment