Orange copycat day

So today I slightly copied this outfit. It's not like I've run out of ideas, just... steam. But hey, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right? Well, unless you're Diane von Furstenberg and you're suing Forever 21, I guess... And yeah, I realise I've worn the green shirt with the orange cardie and the orange cardie with the grey skirt - but I've not worn those three items together before, so that makes it a new outfit.



The main reason I wore this is that I wanted to continue my love affair with my green John Travolta top. It's one of those items I've had forever (bought on sale, of course), that I've rediscovered, as it were. See that look of rapture on my face, as I close my eyes and just revel in being close to my frilly green Anthro shirt? Now that's love. It's a very comfy shirt, okay? And it's a US size 4, which of course is an instant confidence booster right there.



Anyway, you come to realise certain things when you're only allowed to wear three of your skirts for one month. Like how one of these skirts is actually way too big for you. Either I just assume that I'll need bigger sizes than usual at UniQlo because they carry Japanese sizes, or I've lost weight since I bought this. (That would be nice, eh?) This skirt used to be one of my default go-to pieces when I was in a hurry because it's a) neutral and b) doesn't actually crinkle. At all. It's like magic. But still, if a skirt doesn't fit, it sinks down and looks unattractive, and this is one of those unbeltable monsters, too. Maybe this old gal has overstayed her welcome in my closet? We'll see, I guess...

2 comments:

  1. I love this outfit! Its so cute!
    And UniQlo sizes are odd...they're actually bigger than standard UK sizes. So my jeans waist size there is like 27-28 whereas in other stores its normaly 30-32. It took me ages to figure it out.

    And lols at Victors colleague in your previous post. Its called progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would totally wear this outfit and not change a thing. It's professional but not stuffy.

    ReplyDelete