Green-shirted 70's day


So I scrubbed the bathroom down this afternoon. Not just the toilet; not just the floor, everything. I even got on a stepladder and scrubbed the walls and part of the ceiling. (And nearly died of shock when a huge lump of dust fell into my ear - ugh.) The results are in - Gwen 1, Mold 0. However... I also discovered that there's an enormous spider living behind the toilet. And I am terrified of spiders. Of course it managed to scurry away before I could kill it, so now every time I go in there, I'll know it's lurking behind the U-bend. Anyway, this is today's outfit (and yes, I changed out of it to clean the bathroom, but that's not cheating, that's being sensible!)


I was going for a sort of 70's look with the belted denim flares and (sort of) frilly shirt. The belt is a bit big though, so I'm debating with myself whether to actually cut some bits off the side to make it slide through the hoops more easily - that would also mean I could holepunch some more holes into it, so I could tighten it properly. I'm worried about destroying the belt, though... Dilemmas, dilemmas.


See, this outfit would have been much better with my Clarks boots, but they're still down one zipper. The guy in the repair shop said the cost of repairs would start at £35 (that's $ 56!) and seemed to think they would skyrocket from there, so I took the boots back home, and now I'm thinking of trying to fix them myself. They sell some pretty long zippers at John Lewis, and I think I'm allowed to buy a zipper for my boot, right? Anyway, this was my post-mould-scrubbing snack - that plate just makes me smile every time I use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment