Belted dilemma day

I finished the Sutra scarf! I'm so happy I could cry. By then, the lovely people at John Lewis (where I got the yarn for said scarf) had managed to remainder all the colours I was using, and it was only by a miracle that they managed to come up with one single ball of the white for me, when I realised I would run out of white. It wouldn't have been the end of the world, but it would have been a much shorter scarf. Instead, it looks like this:


I sure hope the asymmetric look is all the rage in Japan right now... The stuff I've done with the red yarn is vaguely based off a photo of a sutra that I found on the internets:


 While I was knitting the green bit at the very bottom, I also ran out of green yarn. Literally while I was tying the loops closed. I was forced to cannibalise the loose threads from the scarf itself (the ones left over when I'd  changed to a new ball of yarn) - cut them off with enough left over to fasten the thread, tie it in a knot to the "main" thread, and keep on working with that. I had to do that three times! But it worked, so yay!
Also, here is today's outfit - and I realise I've probably copied a certain famous style blogger's outfit from a while ago, but I blame my creative failure on the knitting drama of the night before.  


I couldn't decide whether I liked this outfit best with or without the belt, so I tried both. Actually wound up not wearing the belt in the end; I thought it made the whole outfit too busy. The scarf is from the same store as the pink one - Toku Home Store, I think? I had a third one, a gorgeous brown and orange one, but wound up
giving that away to a friend - and I'm not sorry, she loves it way more than I ever could.                                                                                                                 


Anyone getting tired of the fabulous view of our balcony yet? I take my photos early in the morning, since it gets dark so early here, so there really isn't anywhere else in this tower block where I can go outside and have privacy... Hm, maybe downstairs by the recycling bins? How glamorous would that be!    


3 comments:

  1. *gasp* guuuurl, dat is a cute outfit! (I've been watching this comedian called Margaret Cho, so been talking slightly ghetto for the past few days) I like it with belt.

    and yay! the sutra's done! Minekuras gonna be so happy :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I love the scarf, I'd totally steal that...okay okay it'd be more polite to borrow it. Love the mustard in your outfit too. It's definitely my favorite color this season!
    Wearing It On My Sleeves

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Sarah, I'm glad you like the scarf! I've spent almost two months on that thing, and now I'm giving it away! But it's a gift for my favourite author, who recently had half her top jaw taken out because of a tumour on her face - so if it cheers her up, all my hard work will be totally worth it. And yeah, I suddenly find myself liking all these lovely autumn shades, like mustard and ochre and olive green... and "burnt cinnamon" apparently, haha.

    Polina - girl, you can talk ghetto to me anytime, baby! :)I'm happy you like my outfit. Let me know if you have any fanart you want to include in Minekura's package this time. If you don't have any, fret not, Angela and I plan on doing several packets for her over several months, like the crazy fans we are. And yeah, I hope she'll love it and wear it all the time, and stay warm in Tokyo.

    ReplyDelete