Preppy Japanese Day

I say preppy because the shoes are preppy. They're from this Americana store we found in Portugal, of all places, when we went there for a friend's wedding last September. One of the wedding guests had lost his luggage, so Victor and I were helping him shop for new clothes at the local mall, so he wouldn't have to show up at the wedding in a tracksuit... and there they were, these super-cute little green flats with diamonds and love-hearts on them, going, "Buy us! Take us home with you!" And since I'd had to throw out my last pair of cute flats just a week or so before (green Cath Kidstons with polkadots! Worst quality footwear ever, since both soles snapped in half, but man were they cute), the preppies got to come to London with me.


Anyway, I look at the only non-blurry photo of me and think; Why is it I only have stupid hair in the non-blurry photos? Why did the camera cut off the bottom of my shoe? And, I kind of look like I walked into a UniQlo and asked the shop-assistants to dress me. Even my scarf is from a Japanese store (now closed down). I'm heading so far into Wapanese territory here that I might as well start finishing my sentences with "desu"... well, maybe I would if my shirt had anime characters on it instead of flying fish.


...see what I mean? I'm making it look like everything I own is from UniQlo. This coat is pure awesomeness though; it's helped me survive even the Norwegian winter; I've practically lived inside it since mid-November. It's light-weight and super warm, and the hood can be pulled off with a zipper thingie. (Good thing too, since the hood is so deep that it obstructs my view when I cross the road!)

3 comments:

  1. hehe, you look so warm and bundled in that big coat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ archives: I swear, I could go outside with nothing but underwear underneath this coat and be totally fine! (Now there's a thought - that'd freshen up the husband's day at the office, for sure!) It's ingenious, because they sewed the downs straight into the fabric, so it's literally feather light. I thoroughly recommend getting one if there's a UniQlo near you! :)

    @ Katie - thanks! (or should that be, "Arigato?" :)It was really fun to get two nice comments like this, you guys totally made my snotty, disease-filled day!

    ReplyDelete